Company: Intel UK
Category: Application Security
Published: March 2012
You learned it in school. During the Middle Ages, kings would build castles so that when their people were threatened and had to be defended, they could run inside and close the doors. From the height of the wall (the first firewall), soldiers could fight and defend the townspeople. High castle walls and the deep rivers surrounding them protected the castle. And it worked well-some of the time.
Today there are no castles to protect people, but cameras and satellites are everywhere. Protection is not about the width of a wall or the size of a battlefield. It is about building an overall worldwide security system that works with individuals' behavior.
This white paper will:
• Explain the high-level evolutions enterprises and their security officers face.
• Point out key considerations including people, devices, and data rating.
• Suggest scenarios following the information lifecycle to implement security policies
in the organization.
• Review technologies to better secure the information technology system.
• Discuss the latest changes in the global environment.
• Provide indications, tricks, recommendations, techniques, and useful technologies.
• Explain how we can move from building firewalls to instilling security behaviors
into each employee.
Rating: + 1
Data Security | May 2013 | Case Study
Cloud computing | May 2013 | Case Study
Data Centre & Storage Solutions | May 2013 | Case Study
Data Security | May 2013 | White Paper
Enterprise Data Privacy | December 2012 | White Paper
© Incisive Media Investments Limited 2013, Published by Incisive Financial Publishing Limited, Haymarket House, 28-29 Haymarket, London SW1Y 4RX, are companies registered in England and Wales with company registration numbers 04252091 & 04252093.