| Category: Disk Backups
| Published: April 2012
As an increasing number of IT organisations look to replace tape, their leading alternatives include the following:
• replacing an old tape library with a newer one
• using straight disk, fronting a tape library
• using a cloud-based backup service
• using data deduplication backup software
• using a disk-based backup appliance
In view of this often confusing landscape, this white paper will discuss the factors to consider when evaluating any of these alternatives, including a framework for assessing the value to IT for each approach.
Data Centre & Storage Solutions | April 2012 | White Paper
Storage Management | April 2012 | White Paper
Disk Backups | April 2012 | White Paper
© Incisive Business Media (IP) Limited 2016, Published by Incisive Business Media Limited, Haymarket House, 28-29 Haymarket, London SW1Y 4RX, are companies registered in England and Wales with company registration numbers 9177174 & 9178013.